BMJ Open is an online, open access journal, dedicated to publishing medical research from all disciplines and therapeutic areas. The journal publishes all research study types, from study protocols to phase I trials to meta-analyses, including small, specialist studies, and negative studies. Publishing procedures are built around fully open peer review and continuous publication, publishing research online as soon as the article is ready. BMJ Open aims to promote transparency in the publication process by publishing reviewer reports and previous versions of manuscripts as pre-publication histories. Authors are asked to pay article-publishing charges on acceptance; the ability to pay does not influence editorial decisions. All papers are included in MEDLINE/PubMed and Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science).
- Internet- and mobile-based aftercare and follow-up for mental disorders: protocol of a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Association of high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T with mortality and cardiovascular events in a community-based prospective study in Beijing
- Correction: Oxfordshire Women and Their Children's Health (OxWATCH): protocol for a prospective cohort feasibility study
- Improving the primary-secondary care interface in Scotland: a qualitative exploration of impact on clinicians of an educational complex intervention
- Correction: The impact of demand management strategies on parents’ decision-making for out-of-hours primary care: Findings from a survey in the Netherlands
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Cardiovascular medicine