BMJ Open is an online, open access journal, dedicated to publishing medical research from all disciplines and therapeutic areas. The journal publishes all research study types, from study protocols to phase I trials to meta-analyses, including small, specialist studies, and negative studies. Publishing procedures are built around fully open peer review and continuous publication, publishing research online as soon as the article is ready. BMJ Open aims to promote transparency in the publication process by publishing reviewer reports and previous versions of manuscripts as pre-publication histories. Authors are asked to pay article-publishing charges on acceptance; the ability to pay does not influence editorial decisions. All papers are included in MEDLINE/PubMed and Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science).
- Patients as partners in Enhanced Recovery After Surgery: A qualitative patient-led study
- Observed and projected trends in paediatric health resources and services in China between 2003 and 2030: a time-series study
- A cross–sectional study on the prevalence and associated risk factors for workplace violence against Chinese nurses
- Percutaneous coronary intervention patients’ and cardiologists’ experiences of the informed consent process in Northern England: a qualitative study
- Effects of a peer support programme for youth social services employees experiencing potentially traumatic events: a protocol for a prospective cohort study
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Cardiovascular medicine